"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

The Food Scale & The Body Scale

This is the food scale I purchased at Target. I think it was $4.69. Yes, there are certainly more beautiful and advanced scales. My thinking went something like this: "I need a scale that will weigh in both grams and ounces. This scale does that. I need a scale that I can set the zero point with the bowl attached. This scale does that. Nothing I weigh will be over 100 grams/3.5 ounces, so I don't need a larger scale. Looks like this one will do." The truth is, if you want to spend money on something, spend it on something that you love. Like a fabulous dress. Or shoes. Or a day in La Jolla or San Francisco. Not on your diet scale. Hopefully, in a month, I can put this little sucker away and never see it again...



I know there are a million scales out there to weigh your body, too. You can get scales that measure your body fat, keep track of your weight loss or gain, maintain separate files for multiple users. While the body fat thing is pretty cool, I had to ask myself. Do I really need that? And how accurate is it, anyway? It's more likely that the scale will give you your BMI which isn't necessarily an accurate measure of your body fat. I chose this one for three reasons.

1. It's lovely & it's slim. The glass is discreet and not bulky.
2. It measures digitally which is more accurately read.
3. The cost. This one was on sale at Target for $19.99. Can't beat that.

0 comments: