"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 2 - Last "Loading Day"

On Day Two I weighed 130.6. So I gained almost a pound from yesterday's binge.

Today, I ate healthier until dinner. Salad, veggies, and, yes, the cupcake. :-) For dinner I made pastrami sandwiches with gruyere cheese and grilled onions. They were delicious. I made myself two and tried to eat them, I swear. But I had to give my last half to my son. I was so full. If I ate another bite I think I might have thrown up. I also had a Beck's. I sort of had it in my mind that this was the day I could eat & drink anything I wanted, so I had a beer. It wasn't until I was about half-way done with it that I kind of remembered that you aren't supposed to drink alcohol on this diet. I don't think there's an interaction problem. I think it's simply about empty calories and also about detoxing the system. I figured one beer was not going to kill me.

I'm not a heavy drinker but I have a glass of wine regularly with dinner and am a social drinker. It won't be hard not to drink while I'm on the diet. It might be hard not to drink after the diet is over but that's a challenge for another day and I don't think I'll be required to do that.

One thing I am struggling with is that you are supposed to drink a minimum of 2 liters of water every day on this diet. My normal consumption rate is nowhere near that. I know that by tomorrow I have to have this aspect down pat. I'm working on it.

I feel so full and fat and gross that I don't really want to eat again for days. I know I might feel differently tomorrow.

Guess what? My husband wants to go on the diet, too! Now I'm really excited. He's got about 30 pounds to lose at 52 years of age. Typical guy of that age with a spare tire that is growing. He'll be a couple of days behind me so he'll be loading when I am on the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD - that's what they call it in HCG "speak"). But it's only two days. After that we can be on the same meal plan. It will be nice not to be the only one in my house taking this challenge. I was dreading how hard that would be. Fear no more! :-) Yeah, we're both going to look awesome!

0 comments: