"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 8 - Weight 123.6

I still haven't figured out the best way to plan for my husband's lunch. Today I took our lunch/snack combo to his office and we ate together in the conference room. I felt a bit like I needed those travel hot packs that the food delivery guys use. I don't have one of those, though. So I made do with bits of this and that; like the wine server/picnic basket and my big Whole Foods re-usable grocery bag. I even took real plates, silverware, and napkins. It's funny how you get used to conversing over a meal. When your meal is only a few bites, there's more conversation. There's nothing else to do. lol! It was very nice. ha ha ha

My girlfriend was in town today. She flew into John Wayne airport from Phoenix because she had some meetings down in Carlsbad after which we could hang out and catch up. First she came by the house so that she could meet Daphne, our new puppy, and then we headed to the Starbucks on MacArthur for about an hour before her flight. Originally, we had planned to have dinner together at McCormick & Schmidt's or El Torito Grill near the airport on Main. My diet pretty much nixed that idea. I prepped the dinner and took it with me. She had the Starbuck's protein plate. Believe me, it looked fabulous. I was nearly drooling over that hard boiled egg. I don't even like hard boiled eggs. Ridiculous!

LUNCH/SNACK COMBO
  • Chicken breast & Spinach w/ lemon pepper, lemon juice, water (Wrapped together in tin foil and cooked in 350 degree oven for 20 mins.)
  • Apple & Melba Toast
This dish was over cooked. The spinach didn't fare well cooked this way & I won't do it again. It nearly disappeared....

DINNER/SNACK COMBO
  • Crab & 3 Shrimp Ceviche marinated for 30 mins. in lemon juice, Sambal Ulek, & salt with EITHER spring salad greens (my husband) or onions (me).
I didn't have quite enough crab left for both my husband and I. I added three shrimp to each serving to make each an even 100 grams. I recommend that if you make the ceviche that I had, with the onions, you have whoever you'll be kissing eat the same one. 100 grams of onions, even mild purple ones, is a significant portion of onions. It stays with you. I'm just sayin'...

1 comments:

Demarcus Family said...

can yuo post pics of the food?! I want to SEE what these portion sizes look like! LOL