"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 3 - Weight 127

Today begins the Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) as detailed in the last post. My weight is 127. So, even though I ate what seemed like a ton of very high fat-content food over the past two days, I've actually LOST 3 pounds since I started the injections. I'm thinking it is most likely water weight, but I definitely don't mind.

I tried to have Stevia in my coffee this morning. Yikes! I bought a bottle of the powder and it doesn't say how much to use as a sweetener. I used the tip of a teeny-tiny tea spoon. Don't do that! It was sickeningly sweet and I was bummed that I wasted a cup of coffee. I decided to drink the next cup black with no sweetener. There's no creamer or dairy of any kind on this diet. I used to drink my coffee this way and so it didn't really bother me at all.

OK, let the games begin...

LIQUID
2 cups coffee, 2 liters water, 1 cup chai tea

SNACK
1 apple, 1 Melba toast

LUNCH
  • Thin steak w/ lemon pepper seared on flat grill, about 1-2 minutes each side
  • Beet greens steamed with water & a splash of Bragg's Aminos (spray the aminos right over the greens before they start steaming)
SNACK
Strawberries & 1 Melba Toast

DINNER
  • Steak in tin foil with chopped tomato, garlic salt, pepper. Cooked over grill pan about 6 minutes. (Everything is in the tin foil package. It came out with a nice broth from the moisture of the tomatoes).
Today wasn't too much of a challenge. Even though I knew the portions were going to be small, I was still taken aback at the amount of food on my plate. :-) There just aren't that many BITES to your meal which feels really weird. I tried something new to help me drink the required amount of water. I put 2 liters of water in a pitcher and left it on the kitchen bar with a 6 oz. glass. Every time I pass the pitcher, I fill the glass with water and drink it. It doesn't feel like "too much" and I finished the 2 liters without a struggle.

I was invited to go to a dinner tonight but thought better of going and watching everyone else eat. :-) I'm not really hungry at all. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

0 comments: