"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 18 - Weight 121.6 - Traveling Day

Up and out the door with one dog, one puppy, and one man-child (My "baby" is 17 now. That's practically grown!), in tow by 7 a.m. and on the road to St. George. I've driven this stretch so many times it's almost like being on auto-pilot. We left early so that I'd have time to run my errands for my own week's food prep upon my arrival. Where my parent's live the nearest grocery store is over 20 miles away and they don't have all of the items I might look for and find in Southern California. I need to prep before I get there. Besides, I'm heading to my parents to work, so the more I can streamline my eating requirements before I arrive the easier it will be to stick to the diet and still get everything done.

After we passed that gorgeous red rock canyon and drove into the St. George valley we headed straight to Petco (I forgot to pack Daphne's puppy food) and then to Costco where I bought my food. Errands accomplished we headed to the house and everyone was ready to get out of the car and settle in.

I spent the afternoon playing with my nephews, ages 2 and 4, who live in a house only one straight away from mine. I really miss them. We played "farm" and "knights and castles" (I was the princess in the tower who needed to be rescued). After a few hours, I headed home to cook, prep and package all of my meals for the week and get a good night's sleep before tomorrow's long, 8-hour, drive.

Tomorrow morning, before I head out of town, I'm going back to AmaraMedSpa to weigh-in, have a check-up/measurement session. I don't have a scale here, it's in Cali and I'll use my parents' while I'm in Idaho, and won't be able to weigh myself in the morning. So, my weight will be "off." Oh, well. I'm looking forward to seeing the staff, talking about my results & where I go from here, and asking some of the questions that I have.

For dinner, I really funked out tonight. I was just too tired to cook one more thing and nothing sounded good, anyway. So I made soft-boiled eggs. If you feel that you must have a break from meat, you are allowed to have eggs according to the Simeon Protocol. The rules are; no cooking with fat of any kind, and you can have one whole egg with three egg whites (yolk, of course, having the high fat content). I started out with the full intention of following the rules but I lost it. I cooked and ate all three eggs in their entirety and was so full and so tired that I didn't even cook or eat any veggies. I had eaten my strawberries before I started cooking the eggs. I have to tell you, those were possibly the best eggs I've ever had. I savored every bite and didn't even feel an ounce, or a microgram, of guilt.


SNACK/LUNCH COMBO
  • Grilled steak
  • Tomatoes, fresh
  • Apple
  • WASA

SNACK/DINNER COMBO
  • Strawberries
  • 3 whole, soft-boiled delicious eggs


UPDATE ON THE TRAVEL: Well, you won't believe what happened. At nearly 11 p.m., my dad calls and tells me that they've decided to cancel the "event." It isn't working out, some people are upset about it, they don't know what they are going to do. One of my siblings (I'm not saying who) called my mom crying and upset that some of the kids would be there before her. Apparently, she's worried that someone will take something from her? Who knows. I don't reply that I'm already half-way there or that you shouldn't have to cry or bitch to have your feelings considered. I simply say, "Umm. Ok."

1 comments:

Steph said...

Okay. That SUCKS. So what are you going to do? Go up anyway? or turn around and come back? I shouldv'e brought your tea over...shoot.

Those eggs sound dang good!