"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 31 - Weight 117.8 - Hubby's 1st "Post-" Day

Yesterday was my husband's last HCG shot. He stayed on the "juice" for 26 days and was ready to be done. Unlike me, he struggled with hunger for most of his time on the diet which made him pretty miserable.

Today is his first of three post-HCG days. After the last HCG injection, you have to stay on the strict diet protocol for three days. After those 3 days, you must refrain from sugar and the "starches" (i.e. rice, bread, potatoes, pastries, pasta, etc.) for an additional three weeks. The strictest rule is actually that you MUST weigh yourself religiously every morning just like you did during the actual diet. If your weight fluctuates above two pounds from your goal weight you have to do a "steak day" which I'll detail in another post. Other than those two rules, you can add anything back into your diet, including a reasonable smattering of fats and even an alcoholic drink with dinner.

He didn't have the level of success with the diet that I've had so far but he definitely did have success. In 26 days he lost a total of 16.6 pounds and 5 3/4". His pants, jeans in particular, no longer fit him and he has to go back to a smaller size. Thankfully, we still have a few pairs that we didn't get rid of! :-) He really looks slimmer and he is happy about his success. He deserves a shopping trip!

Today was a massive cheat day for me. I don't know what came over me! I didn't eat anything "off protocol" but I was definitely bad!

LIQUIDS
  • 1 C coffee
  • 1 C chai tea
  • 2 liters water

SNACK
  • Grapefruit, whole (CHEAT)

LUNCH
  • Pre-baked Chicken & Green Salad (for hubby)
  • Chicken Soup w/ Cabbage* (for me)
(*Pre-baked chicken, cabbage, Garam Masala, splash of Bragg's Aminos, Dried Onion, Garlic Powder, Salt, Lemon - this soup was really yummy)


HUGE CHEAT @ 4 P.M.
  • Crab, fresh - 100 grams

SNACK/DINNER COMBO
  • Hamburgers - 125 grams
  • Asparagus, steamed - 150 grams
  • Strawberries
  • WASA (only for Hubby)
I seriously don't know what came over me. I was starving and craving that crab! I started out with 50 grams. After I ate that, I scarfed down another 50 grams. I tried to at least eat it slowly and enjoy it. Still, this was the first time that I actually felt a bit guilty over a cheat. I was so full after dinner that I really didn't feel that great. Not sick, exactly. Just not well. :-( Hubby's doing better without the injection than I am with it!

0 comments: