"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 22 - Weight 118 - B12 + Measurement Day

Weight: 118 lbs. (-4.4 lbs.)
Bust: 34 1/2" (+1/2")*
Waist: 26" (0")
Abdomen (read: GUT): 34 3/8" (-5/8")
Saddlebags: 40 3/8" (-3/8")
Left Thigh: 21 5/8" (-3/8")
Right Thigh: 21 3/4" (-1/4")
Left Knee: 14 3/8" (-1/8")
Right Knee: 14" (-1/8")

TOTAL LOSSES for this week: 4.4 lbs., 1 3/8"
(*This measurement could read 1 7/8" loss if you didn't factor in the 1/2" gain in my breast measurement. That measurement is, I am completely sure, directly a result of where I am in my menstrual cycle. Swelling breasts is something that happens to me monthly at this point in my cycle, so it is completely normal for me. However, I didn't alter the actual measurements at all. Today this is what my breast measurement was and so that's what I wrote down).

TOTAL LOSSES TO DATE: 11 lbs., 13 3/4"

I'm not very happy with my inch loss this week. Less than 2" is not what I had in mind for this drastic of a diet. However, I did go off-protocol a bit and I did have two travel days in close proximity during the week. I did lose almost 5 pounds but I really don't care about the weight number. It's a bit frustrating to feel like I've plateaued but I'm hanging on for the whole shibang! It's normal not to have a consistent loss although I just realized that with an 11 pound loss in 22 days - that's a pretty consistent 1/2 pound-per-day-loss. Not bad. Also, I'll be starting my period within a few days and that's bound to be wreaking havoc with the weight and the inches.

SNACK
  • Apple

LUNCH
  • Steak Salad w/ Spicy Vinaigrette (recipe & pic below)

SNACK
  • Grapefruit

DINNER
  • Hamburger
  • Asparagus, steamed
I really haven't been hungry at all so I decided to cut the WASA or Melba Toast from my diet unless I actually feel the need to add it in. The protocol from AmaraMedSpa does not include this option at all. If I miss it, I'll eat it. After all I've been successful while eating it regularly. But if I don't miss it, I won't eat it.

Today was the grand re-opening of Pura Vida Day Spa ( http://www.puravidadayspa.com/ ). I have a massage and facial membership there that my husband purchased for me for my birthday last year. One of thebest gifts I've ever received! I do both my monthly facial and massage with Jann Barbour. She's F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! The first time she gave me a facial I knew I'd never go to anyone else. I thought I was back in the eighties - before the day spa trend really killed the decdent pleasures of spa treatments!

This little hidden treasure of Orange County changed ownership a few months ago and the new owners have been getting on their feet. So today they had a full day of free treatments and fabulous food & drink, open to their members and potential clients. I went in fairly early to say hi and it looked like it ws going very well. They offered me a free body sculpting session on the
electrotherapy machine and I said, "Absolutely." I've been wanting to give the machine a try. Oprah has talked about it on her show and it's gotten quite a buzz. But it's a bit pricey to just dive in and buy a package of sessions. This was a great opportunity.

I asked the therapist to focus on my tummy area and she placed about 6 electrode pads on the different muscle areas of my torso. She warned me that it wouldn't hurt but it would feel uncomfortable. I've had similar treatments for back pain so I knew, generally, what to expect. It felt so weird! She said I had a very high tolerance and cranked it up as high as I could take it, which was totally up to me to decide. It is so strange to have your body "insides" moving and responding to an electrical impulse that is not being sent by your own brain!

The therapist said that one full session is one hour and that that one hour session is equal to 6 hours of working out. While I was laying on the table under treatment I suddenly remembered Dr. Simeon's distaste for therapeutic, or "hard," massage during the diet. He said that the body is working with the HCG in a very delicate balance on the fat cells and that even massage could disturb the that balance and be detrimental instead of beneficial. I was already strapped in so I decided to finish it out.

My session was about 20 -30 minutes. It was uncomfortable, to be sure, but it really felt like it was working and it definitely wasn't painful. I have a fairly high pain tolerance anyway. I drank my three glasses of water while I was there chatting with the girls. I can't wait to see if I feel anything tomorrow. I mean a three-hour ab workout would definitely be felt by my abs! Also, I'm going to measure my abdomen again tomorrow morning to see if anything changed.

SPICY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
1 TBSP Bragg's Aminos
1 TBSP Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt
Red pepper flakes

Yum! Yum! Yum!


1 comments:

Demarcus Family said...

fun day! Ok, I need to know the results of the 3 hour ab thing! LOL
I think Cathy went and had that done before.