"Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself." Anne Sexton

Day 26 - Weight 120.8 - Period Day 1/No HCG

Finally. I started my period today. I won't have any HCG injections until my period is over. Typically, for me, that will be 3 or 4 days. Dr. Simeon's protocol states that there won't be any extreme hunger even though the HCG injections have been halted. I'm curious to see if that holds true, of course, but for today it was pretty spot on. I didn't notice any difference in hunger.

I did notice a difference in my period, though. Day one for me is usually the day I experience the most cramping. Today's cramping was almost unbearable, though. Much worse than usual. And I found myself doubled over with a hot water bottle a good part of the day. By late afternoon and into the night I also had terrible diarrhea. TMI! I know. But, it is what happened to me and I can only attribute it, anecdotally, to the HCG Diet because it isn't normal for me to experience this much pain and illness with my period. Be careful what you wish for. I wished that my period would start and now I'm wishing it hadn't. Urgh!

LIQUIDS
  • 2 C Coffee
  • 1 1/2 liters water
  • 2 C Chamomile tea
  • 1 C Lemon/Peppermint tea

SNACK
  • Grapefruit

LUNCH
  • Chicken Soup w/ Cabbage (Sambal ulek, Splash of Bragg's Aminos, Salt, Herbs de Provence)

SNACK
  • Grapefruit (I know that was twice today. I was really craving it).

DINNER
  • 3 Eggs, soft boiled (CHEAT)
  • Spinach salad

I have been craving eggs for several days so I thought what better time to cheat than on my period. I deserve it, right? And they are kind of a sanctioned cheat. Unfortunately, they were just a tad bit overcooked. Coupled with how sick I was feeling, I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as I had hoped. Bummer. :-(


0 comments: